I want to thank Isabelle from Truly Indulgent for nominating me for the Liebster Award which helps everyone discover new fabulous bloggers! I thought this would be a great way for my followers to learn a little bit more about me and also find a few other bloggers that have been on my radar!
1. What is your favorite food?
Carbs are definitely my favorite food group! haha but one thing I would never want to live without would be fruit for sure. Growing up I would love to go to the farmers market and pick out all my favorites from pineapple to watermelon! And the fact that it’s actually good for you is a major bonus.
2. What has been your favorite class so far in your education?
Although my major is journalism, my all time favorite class was a science class of all things! It was a biological anthropology class I took my sophomore year that I absolutely loved. I would actually look forward to attending the class and learning about evolution. It was extremely intriguing to me, surprisingly enough. It was a topic I went into knowing close to nothing about and it was like a whole new understanding of the world had been opened up to me.
3. What makes you happy, without a doubt?
My dog Moose! Starbucks and Chipotle… lol
But on a more serious note I am happy without a doubt when I get to spend quality time with my friends and family and have a good laugh or two. It just makes me feel at peace being surrounded by those I love.
4. If you weren’t a blogger, what would you be doing?
Blogging is something I am without a doubt passionate about but I don’t consider myself a full time blogger. While I am blogging I am also pursuing other interests like public relations. It is kind of cool how they can tie into each other as social media has taken a huge role in both the blogging and PR industry.
5. Do you like to cook? If so, what’s your favorite meal to make?
I do enjoy cooking but I don’t actually get to cook very often. When I actually do cook, my favorite thing to make is some sautéed veggies. Theres something therapeutic about putting on Amy Winehouse pandora, chopping up some onions (without crying) and cooking a bunch of various veggies in red wine and vinegar. The aroma fills the room and helps set the relaxing mood.
6. What/who inspires you?
I am inspired by strong women from my family and friends to those in the public eye. I definitely believe that women should empower each other and when I see women who are fearlessly themselves I think it is bada** and I look up to it. I am lucky to have so many strong women in my family and I am inspired by them daily. A few women in the public eye I look up to would be Meryl Streep, Michelle Obama, Sophia Amoruso, Beyonce (duh), Chelsea Handler and Mindy Kaling.
7. Do you have a role model?
My mother. She taught me to be a free spirit, keep an open mind and be accepting and loving to all. She always pushed me to be a strong independent woman and she lead by example.
8. Who is your celebrity crush?
Kylie Jenner, I think she is just gorgeous and forever killin it.
9. How does it feel, going back to school?
I have definitely been ready to get back into school. I am at the point now that I am only taking courses that directly relate to my major so I am learning the things I am actually interested in which makes a big difference! I think we can all agree that we do better when we actually care about the topic because it just comes much easier.
10. If you had one wish, what would you wish for?
Not to be cliche like Miss Congeniality and wish for world peace… but I honestly would wish that people in the world would become more open minded and empathetic toward one another.
11. If you had to choose between never wearing makeup again or forever dressing in sweats, which would you choose?
I would definitely choose forever dressing in sweats! I love being comfy and I also just love my makeup too much haha You can make sweats chic these days 😀
The Bloggers I have Nominated:
1.Stephanie from SheSawStyle
2. Tyller from SweetSassyandClassy
3. Elly from WhatKumquat
4. Rachel from SeashellandSparkles
5. Katya from StyleSprinter
NOMINEE’S THESE ARE YOUR INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Thank and mention the blogger that has nominated you in your blog post.
2. Answer the questions the blogger tagged you to answer.
3. Nominate at least 5 other bloggers, but do not exceed 11.
4. List your questions and be sure to tell your nominated bloggers that you have nominated them.
Here are the questions for you to answer!
- What’s your favorite snapchat filter?
- Are there any blogs/bloggers you look up to as inspiration for your blog?
- Where is your favorite place in the entire world? (Whether you’ve been there or not!)
- What is one tip you have found most helpful as a blogger?
- Are you a dog or cat person?
- What is your favorite thing to do after a long stressful day?
- What is your all-time ultimate goal//biggest dream?
- How did you decide you wanted to start blogging// What made you take the plunge?
- What are you doing when you’re not blogging?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Is there any type of message that you are tying to send with your blog?